The Collection and Use of Information
Anonymous information does not relate to a specific person. The Office of the Auditor General collects anonymous information for statistical purposes as you browse through our Internet site. We collect the following information:
- Your Internet Protocol address assigned by your Internet Service Provider;
- Domain name and the type of browser and operating system you used;
- The date and time you accessed the Office of the Auditor General’s site;
- The pages you requested and visited; and
- The site you linked from to reach the Office of the Auditor General.
We use the information collected to develop statistics to help us make our Internet site more useful. We cannot tie back to a specific individual from the information collected.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally identifiable information tells specific information about the site visitor.
The Office of the Auditor General collects personally identifiable information through the optional visitor registration for the Executive Digest Listserv. The information collected is:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Street Address
- City, State, Zip Code
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
The Office of the Auditor General does not disclose, give, sell, or transfer any personally identifiable information to third parties.